When two customers are sharing a domain, the isOwner depicts the current owner of the domain; We need to be able to:
1. Transition Domain ownership to the other customer.
2. Transition all of the DNS records associated with this domain to the other customer.
Create a DNS zone on the target customer:
1. On the DNS zone recipient customer, the DNS zone entry must be pre-created in the portal for the transition of the DNS ownership and DNS records to work. Follow the steps below to create the new DNS zone in the recipient customer.
a.) Open the recipient customer in the portal and click on Edit Customer.
b.) Under Domain Management, click on Add to add a new domain, add the domain that needs to be transitioned from the other customer and click Update, then finally click Provision. Take note not to check the DNS Zone checkbox for the new domain otherwise, it will show up an error related to domain ownership. After the new domain has been added to the target customer, you may now proceed on running the script to transfer the domain ownership and all DNS records associated with that particular domain.
Domain ownership and dns records transfer:
1. Backup the OLM database.
2. Update and save the script below as .sql file (or download and update the attached script file).
3. Open the file on SQL Server Management Studio (see screenshots).
4. Set the database to OLM and execute the script for a customer. After the script runs successfully, you can verify in the portal if the DNS zone and all its records have been transferred.
Set the domain and the customer shortcode in the script below then run the entire script to transfer the domain and all its records.