How to exclude Test Users from billing in Atria
In this article, we will show you how to create non-billable users for a customer. The idea to show non-billable users in Atria is to create billing rules in the service billing Configuration page, we will use a query to retrieve Test users from the database. This way the report will prioritize and run the created rule and will mark the Test Users as non-billable.
Run SQL Server Management Studio on your Atria database server and connect to your database engine, then add the following table function to your OLM database:
- USE [OLM]
- SET ANSI_NULLS ON
- SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
- Create FUNCTION [dbo].[tf_ExcludeTestUsers]
- @BillPeriodID int
- RETURNS @Result TABLE
- ObjectID INT,
- MaxAuditID INT
- INSERT INTO @Result (
- SELECT ObjectID
- ,max(AuditID) AuditID
- FROM PropertyValues_AT
- WHERE PropertyID = (
- SELECT PropertyID
- FROM Properties p
- WHERE p.Name = 'employeetype')
- AND ActionDate <= (
- SELECT EndDate
- FROM BillPeriod
- WHERE BillPeriodID = @BillPeriodID)
- AND (PropertyValues_AT.Value = 'True')
- GROUP BY ObjectID
- Logon to Atria web portal
- Select a customer by navigating to Customers -> Customers and select a customer, then click on Users
- Edit an existing user or create a new user
- Click on Additional User Properties and select Test User checkbox as shown below
- Provision the user
Billing Reports Configuration
- In Atria click on Reports -> Service Billing Configuration
- In the Service Billing Rule Configuration Click on New Rule to create a new rule so that you can exclude test users.
- Enter a Description and Override Reason
- It is important to enter 1 in Processing Order.
- Select a value for Valid From and Valid To date
- Click on Rule Type Drop-Down box and select Custom Where Clause
- To exclude test users in a particular Bill period, enter the following text inside the Where Text box:
- BillItems.UserID in (select u.UserID from Users u inner join (select * from dbo.tf_ExcludeTestUsers(@BillPeriodID)) as A on u.ObjectID = a.ObjectID)
- Alternatively, to exclude Test Users without any time filtration, enter the following script in the Where Text box:
- BillItems.UserID in ( Select UserId from vw_UserUserProperties vw where (vw.Property='employeeType') and (vw.Value='True'));
- Click on the Save to add the rule to the Service Billing Rule Configuration
- Click on Reprocess Billing Records
- Click on Reports -> Service Billing Details to view customer and user services
- The test users that were created before will show No under Billable
If you find the Test User previously set is not shown correctly to the report, uncheck Test User, Provision, and again check Test User and Reprovision the user.
Billing Rules Engine User Guide
Objective This article describes how to use the Atria billing rules engine to identify specific Atria entities as non-billable. Applies to Introduced in Atria version 12.0.0 Billing Rule Feature Overview Many entities - customers, services, users, ...
Billing Process Overview
Objective This article outlines, at a high level, the billing features available in Atria. The billing feature provides transparency of Atria billable services that have been consumed, down to the day. Applies To Introduced in Atria version ...
Atria Billing Setup User Guide
Objective This article describes how to configure Atria to utilize the latest billing features. This document outlines the billing setup attributes that should be configured. Applies to Introduced in Atria version 12.0.0 Billing Setup Overview To ...
Service Billing Summary Report
Objective This article describes the information contained in the Billing Summary Report. Applies to Introduced in Atria version 12.0.0 Billing Summary Report Overview The service billing summary report is designed to highlight the billable ...
Display Patterns for Billing Line Descriptions
Purpose: When generating billing data, two descriptions are generated for each billable item - Line description (detailed) and summary descriptions. The Summary Description serves two purpose: Used as a template for your invoice lines and reporting ...